Stop Harassing Creditors With Help From a Bankruptcy Attorney
Owing money and not having enough funds to both cover your debts and support your family is stressful. When unscrupulous creditors find ways to harass you, owing money can become even more frustrating.
Creditors have taken it upon themselves to repeatedly call debtors, threaten them and bully them in order to obtain a payment. They couldn’t care less whether you have enough money left over to pay other bills or even buy groceries.
Although many creditors act as though they are above the law when it comes to collecting debts, they aren’t.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act outlines several activities that creditors must not engage in when attempting to collect on a debt, including:
- Threatening to contact your family, friends or your employer regarding your debt
- Pretending to be a government employee or an attorney
- Calling before 8:00 AM or after 9:00 PM in your time zone
- Threatening to arrest you or have you arrested for not paying your debts
- Using abusive language, foul language, obscenities or racial slurs
If you have been continually harassed by creditors, it’s time to contact someone who can make it stop.
At the Law Office Of Howard Tagg, we have the skills and resources needed to stop the creditors from constantly calling you and sending you letters.
Our goal is to assist you in handling your debt in a way that works for you and your family. Contact us today at (903) 581-9961 to set up an appointment for a consultation to discuss how bankruptcy can help you live the debt free life that you and your family deserve.