Experienced Tyler Bankruptcy Attorney Howard Tagg
Howard Tagg has been licensed to practice law in Texas and in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas since 1994.
Howard holds honors undergraduate degrees in history and political science from the University of Alabama and studied abroad at Oxford University before returning to the University of Alabama to earn his Juris Doctorate degree. While an undergraduate at the University of Alabama he won both a national debate championship and two southeastern regional debate championships.
Howard is active in many civic and charitable organizations in Tyler, Texas. He has served as:
- President of the East Texas Food Bank
- President of the East Texas Food Bank Foundation
- President of the Tyler Junior Chamber of Commerce
- Founder and President of the Tyler Jaycees Foundation
- A graduate of Leadership Tyler (Class 16)
In recognition of his service to the community, Howard has received numerous awards including:
- the Earl Storey Award for Outstanding Service to the Community
- the Arthur Leverett Award for Community Service
Howard has also served as Bishop’s Warden and Youth Minister at Saint Luke’s Episcopal Church in Lindale, Texas.
Howard is married to Jeanine Tagg, Chairman of the Liberal Arts Department at Kilgore College. Howard and Jeanine have two children, Elizabeth and William.